Ada Thompson on her 111th birthday in 2021
|Birth:||28 November 1910|
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, England, UK
|Age:||111 years, 53 days|
Ada Thompson (née Bates; born 28 November 1910) is a British supercentenarian whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). She currently is the oldest known living person in West Yorkshire and the fifth-oldest known living person in the United Kingdom, behind Mollie Walker, Ethel Caterham, Rose Eaton and Marjorie Kinne.
Ada Bates was born in Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, England, UK on 28 November 1910. She left school when she was 14 to become a twister at Merralls Mill, and later worked at other mills in Oxenhope. During the Second World War, she was employed at Anderton Springs, which made components for aircraft.
When she was age 24, she married Eric Thompson, a wool sorter from Barnsley. Eric served in the Royal Navy during the war, and was a gunner on board merchant ships. The couple had one son: Harry Thompson. The couple were married for 68 years until Eric's death around 2000 at the age of 91.
In November 2020, she celebrated her 110th birthday.
Ada Thompson currently lives at Regency Court Care Home in Keighley, West Yorkshire, England, UK, at the age of 111 years, 53 days.
- All Validated British Supercentenarians Oldest in Britain
- Cross Roads woman celebrates 100th birthday Telegraph & Argus, 30 November 2010
- Royal recognition for Cross Roads resident Ada Thompson, 105 The Keighley News, 2 December 2015
- Ada Thompson marks her 106th birthday at Keighley's Regency Court Care Home The Keighley News, 28 November 2016
- 110th birthday Sharon Thompson (Facebook), 28 November 2020
- Woukd like to wish grandma Ada a big happy 111 birthday today still as witty as ever she’s amazing xx Sharon Thompson (Facebook), 28 November 2021