|Birth:||19 December 1894|
Warhem, Nord, Hauts-de-France, France
|Death:||12 April 2007|
Bergues, Nord, Hauts-de-France, France
|Age:||112 years, 114 days|
Agnes Fagoo [French: Agnès] (née Coudeville; 19 December 1894 – 12 April 2007) was a French supercentenarian whose age is validated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). At the time of her death, she was the third-oldest living person in France, after Marie-Simone Capony and Clementine Solignac.
Agnes Fagoo was born as Agnes Coudeville in Warhem, Nord, Hauts-de-France, France on 19 December 1894. She was the daughter of Gustave Coudeville (1864–1923) and Lucie Coudeville (née Top; 1864–1914).
After World War I, Fagoo moved from Warhem to Bergues, where she would stay for the rest of her life as a sewer. It was there that she met her future husband, Paul Fagoo (1893–1976). She married with him on 2 April 1921 in Warhem, her home village.
Around the age of 90, Fagoo moved in the nursing home Saint-Augustin in Bergues. She was appreciated for her optimism, and loved parties. She often said: "The Good Lord forgot me." Philippe Carton recalls: "The first time I met her, she asked me to find a earring she had lost in her sink." In 2004, she participed to the Happython, as she was in the credits of the movie.
Agnes Fagoo died in Bergues, Nord, Hauts-de-France, France, France on 12 April 2007, at the age of 112 years, 114 days. At the time of her death, she was the third-oldest living person in France, after Marie-Simone Capony and Clementine Solignac.
- Agnes Fagoo Photo Gallery, GRG
- Page en mémoire de Agnès FAGOO (1894 - 2007) cimetiere-virtuel.fr
- Agnès Marie Madeleine Corneille COUDEVILLE Geneanet
- La doyenne vient de fêter ses 108 ans La Voix du Nord, 20 December 2002
- happython 15 mn Vimeo, 2004 (published in 2019)
- Décès de la doyenne du Nord Pas-de-Calais, France 3, 13 April 2007 Transcript
- Les femmes... au sommet de la pyramide ! Boulogne-sur-Mer.maville.com, 4 March 2009
- Le carnaval s'est invité à la maison Saint-Augustin La Voix du Nord, 17 February 2013
- L’Arnékois Philippe Carton, «petit marchand de bonheur» des personnes âgées La Voix du Nord, 19 October 2013
- Biographies francoisfairon, 7 January 2016