Betsy Baker at the age of 113.
|Birth:||20 August 1842|
Brighton, England, UK
|Death:||24 October 1955|
Tecumseh, Nebraska, USA
|Age:||113 years, 65 days|
Betsy Ann Baker (née Russell; 20 August 1842 – 24 October 1955) was a validated British-American supercentenarian.
Betsy Baker was born in Brighton, United Kingdom on 20 August 1842. She was the daughter of Martha Russell (1806–1881). She married Tyler Curtis Baker (1833–1921) in 1866 and had five children with him, of which three survived her. One of them, Florence (1872–1968), lived to be 95 years old.
Baker died in Tecumseh, Nebraska, USA on 24 October 1955 at the age of 113 years 65 days. At the time of her death, she was the oldest verified living person in the world and also the second-oldest person ever. She was also, after Delina Filkins, the second validated person in history to reach the age of 113. Upon her death, Jennie Howell became the world's oldest person.
- Gerontology Research Group
- Beatrice Daily Sun, August 21, 1941
- Beatrice Daily Sun, August 21, 1942
- Lincoln Nebraska State Journal, August 20, 1944
- Beatrice Daily Sun, August 22, 1948
- Beatrice Daily Sun, August 17, 1949
- Beatrice Daily Sun, August 20, 1950
- Beatrice Daily Sun, August 22, 1951
- Beatrice Daily Sun, April 21, 1952
- Beatrice Daily Sun, August 20, 1953
- Beatrice Daily Sun, August 19, 1954
- Beatrice Daily Sun, October 11, 1955
- Danville Bee, October 25, 1955
- Betsy Ann Russell Baker Find A Grave
- Betsy Ann Baker (Russell) Geni