Meloche on 23 November 2019 at the age of 112 (claimed 113th birthday)
|Birth:||5 December 1906|
Chazy, New York, USA
|Death:||27 October 2020|
Ogdensburg, New York, USA
|Age:||113 years, 327 days|
Meloche was born on 5 December 1906 in Chazy, New York to Nelson and Elizabeth (Gilman) Barnaby and grew up in nearby Plattsburgh. She claimed to have been born on 23 November 1906, but the validation process concluded that she was born on 5 December 1906.
For many years, Meloche worked as a caregiver for children. She never had children of her own. She had three sisters: Mabel, Edith, and Matilda. She was married to Armand Meloche before his death on 1 July 1972.
Meloche lived in a nursing home in Ogdensburg, New York, from 2011 until her death. She became the oldest living person in the state of New York following the death of 114 year-old Alelia Murphy on 23 November 2019. Meloche died on 27 October 2020 at the age of 113 years, 327 days (and the claimed age of 113 years, 340 days). She was believed to be the fourth-oldest living person in the United States at time of her death.
- Ogdensburg’s most senior citizen celebrates 110 years Watertown Daily Times, 23 November 2016
- CELEBRATING BEULAH MELOCHE'S 111TH BIRTHDAY Congressional Record, 30 November 2017
- Ogdensburg resident, 111, is oldest person in New York Adirondack Daily Enterprise, 28 May 2018
- 113th birthday Facebook, 26 November 2019
- Beulah Meloche Obituary Dignity Memorial