Catherine Kenney in 2020, after surviving COVID-19 at the age of 106.
|Birth:||4 January 1914|
New York City, New York State, USA
|Death:||20 October 2021|
Hazlet, New Jersey, USA
|Age:||107 years, 289 days|
Catherine V. "Kitty" Kenney (née Egan; 4 January 1914 – 20 October 2021) was an American centenarian who was one of the oldest known survivors of COVID-19, having recovered from the disease at the age of 106.
Catherine Kenney was born in New York City, New York State, USA on 4 January 1914. She married and had three sons and one daughter (all deceaded as of December 2020). She moved to Hazlet, New Jersey in 1958.
During the coronavirus pandemic, she was infected with COVID-19; however, she successfully recovered on 11 May 2020.
As of December 2020, she had three grandchildren (including Michael Kenney, who lives in Highlands, New Jersey) and two great-grandchildren.
In her later years, Kenney lived at Arnold Walter Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Hazlet, New Jersey, USA. She died on 20 October 2021 at the age of 107 years, 289 days.
- Coronavirus NJ: 106-year-old Hazlet woman who lived through Spanish flu beats COVID-19 APP, 15 May 2020
- You Can Help Longtime Hazlet Resident Celebrate Her 107th Birthday! Card and Gift Collection, Drop Off Before Dec. 31. TAPinto Middletown, 22 December 2020
- HAZLET RESIDENT TURNS 107 Hazlet Township, 4 January 2021
- United States Public Records FamilySearch
- Catherine V. Kenney Obituary Day Funeral Home, October 2021