Choon Law at age 105.
|Birth:||6 March 1915|
Salak South, British Malaya (now Malaysia)
|Death:||4 September 2020|
Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
|Age:||105 years, 181 days|
Dr. Choon Ling Law (6 March 1915 – 4 September 2020) was a Malaysian-born Canadian centenarian who was the oldest known living man born in Malaysia at time of his death.
Choon Law was born in Salak South, British Malaya (now Malaysia) on 6 March 1915 (3 June according to his obituary), the ninth of 16 children. His father had a rubber plantation.
He graduated in 1934, then attended university and medical school in Canton, China. He completed his MD in 1941. As he was completing his degree Japan attacked China. This resulted in a transfer to an Airforce Hospital supported jointly by China and the USA. At the end of World War II, he returned to Canton and the University Hospital. In 1947, he moved to Memphis.
He moved to Canada in the 1950s and worked at Coqualeetza Indian Hospital starting around 1953. He later worked at a clinic in Nanaimo and an Indigenous hospital in Prince Rupert.
He married Hylda Walker in 1953. The couple did not have any children. Hylda died in October 2019 at the age of 98 years, after 66 years of marriage.
Choon Law died in Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada on 4 September 2020 at the age of 105 years, 181 days (105 years, 92 days according to his obituary). He was survived by many nieces and nephews.
- San Francisco Passenger Lists FamilySearch
- Hylda Law Obituary Dignity Memorial
- Hylda Law Obituary Chilliwack Progress, 5 October 2019
- Chilliwack doctor turns 105, says key to longevity is food, sleep and luck Chilliwack Progress, 19 March 2020
- Dr. Choon Law Obituary Chilliwack Progress, 4 September 2020
- Choon Ling Law Obituary (1915 - 2020) Echovita, 8 September 2020