Du Jianying in August 2015, at the claimed age of 114, with her 66-year-old son.
Huojia County, Henan, Qing dynasty (now China)
|Death:||1 January/16 October 2018|
Xuzhou, Jiangsu, China
|Age:||116 years, 307+ days?|
Du Jianying claimed to have been born in February 1901 in Huojia County, Henan, Qing dynasty (now China). She married in Zhumiao Village, Daxu Town, Tongshan County (now a district), Xuzhou.
Du had 8 children, the oldest aged 85 (as of 2014) and the youngest aged 56 (as of 2014). The second child of the eight, her son Zhang Weishu [Chinese: 张为树], was aged 68 in 2014.
Du's family claims good appetite is her secret of longevity. In 2010, she survived breast cancer without any treatment, the family having refused surgery because of her great age.
On her 110th birthday, Du was upset because she thought her family celebrated it with a party because she will die soon.
In September 2014, Du was reported to be the oldest living person in Jiangsu Province, as a journalist of Modern Express Post has cast doubts about the claim of Wang Zhengfu (claimed birth in January 1901). She hold that time since the death of Xing Yeshi in May 2014.
Du Jianying died between 1 January and 16 October 2018 in Daxu Town, Tongshan District, Xuzhou, Jiangsu, China, at the claimed age of at least 116 years, 307 days. Subsequently, 117-year-old Cheng Jiangshi (1901–fl.2019) was reported to be the oldest living person in Jiangsu in October 2018.
- 江苏最长寿老人113岁 脾气不小110岁时还掀翻桌子 Phoenix Net (凤凰网), 29 September 2014 (dead link)
- 江苏十大寿星全是女性 徐州占6位最年长114岁 Sohu, 26 August 2015
- 江苏十大寿星六位是徐州人 长寿老人心态好和偏瘦 Chinese Youth's Network (中国青年网), 27 August 2015
- 江苏老龄化比例居全国之首 一年新增69万老人 Dasu Net (大苏网), 23 October 2016
- 江苏有5491位百岁老人 最长寿的已116岁 Phoenix Net (凤凰网), 25 October 2017
- Too many false claims in China!, 28 October 2017
- 117岁！江苏最老寿星的长寿秘诀：除了她一家都是好脾气！ Sina (新浪), 17 October 2018