|Edith Hodes Rose|
Edith Hodes Rose at the age of 105.
|Birth:||15 August 1910|
New Jersey, USA
|Death:||11 January 2022|
Maplewood, New Jersey, USA
|Age:||111 years, 149 days|
Edith Hodes Rose (15 August 1910 – 11 January 2022) was an American supercentenarian whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). At the time of her death, she was the oldest known person living in the U.S. state of New Jersey.
Edith Hodes Rose was born in New Jersey, USA on 15 August 1910. Her parents were Hyman Hodes and Fanny (née Mintz) Hodes. She had seven siblings.
She married Joe and had three children: Marc (now deceased), Joan and Chuck. In 1971, she and Joe moved to Brick, New Jersey. After Joe died in 2002 at the age of 95, Rose moved to Maplewood, New Jersey.
In August 2020, she celebrated her 110th birthday. At the time, she had two living children Joan and Chuck, one son-in-law Bill, four grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren.
Her parents lived into their 70s, most of her siblings lived to be older than 90 and one of her brothers died at age 104.
Edith Hodes Rose died at Winchester Gardens in Maplewood, New Jersey, USA, on 11 January 2022 at the age of 111 years, 149 days.
- US 1920 Census FamilySearch
- US 1930 Census FamilySearch
- Mr Joseph P Rose obituary FamilySearch, 8 July 2002
- Turning 100, and looking back with few regrets New Jersey Jewish News, 16 December 2010
- George Hodes Obituary Dignity Memorial, 24 November 2012
- At 105, just beginning to slow down New Jersey Jewish News, 18 November 2015
- Maplewood woman becomes supercentenarian Essex News Daily, 14 August 2020