Emilienne Becarmin in October 2014, aged 103.
|Birth:||4 June 1911|
Saint-Claude, Guadeloupe, France
|Age:||111 years, 75 days|
Emilienne Becarmin [French: Émilienne Bécarmin] (née Vousmoi; born 4 June 1911) is a French supercentenarian from the overseas department of Guadeloupe whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG).
Emilienne Becarmin was born as Emilienne Vousmoi in Saint-Claude, Guadeloupe, France on 4 June 1911. She had several children, including Antoine Constan. She was a farmer and a merchant, and used to eat healthy vegetables of the countryside. She always loved the life, and is called "Mimi" by her relatives.
In October 2015, like four other elderly people, Becarmin visited the university campus of Camp-Jacob, in the occasion of the "Semaine Bleue" (Blue Week). At the age of 106, Becarmin was reported to be very vivid and alert.
On her 107th birthday in 2018, Becarmin was visited by her family, friends, and by the mayor of Saint-Claude Elie Califer [French: Élie]. Her granddaughter said: "My grandmother is 107, it's... we must be proud. She forgets nothing: olds songs, and that." She was reported to be the doyenne of the commune of Saint-Claude.
Becarmin celebrated her 110th birthday in June 2021. She celebrated it with her family (7 generations), and was visited by the mayor of Saint-Claude (still Elie Califer), the vice-president of CCAS Armelle Jacoby, and the vice-president of departemental council of Guadeloupe Brigitte Rodes. She received a medal of the departemental council of Guadeloupe.
Becarmin currently lives in Saint-Claude, Guadeloupe, France, at the age of 111 years, 75 days. She is currently the third-oldest known living person in Guadeloupe, after Juliana Sambin and Justine Cognon.
- Ces centenaires qui font la fierté de la Ville France-Antilles Guadeloupe, 17 October 2014
- Cinq aînés ont fait leur rentrée à l'université du Camp-Jacob France-Antilles Guadeloupe, 14 October 2015
- Émilienne, 106 ans et en grande forme France-Antilles Guadeloupe, 15 June 2017
- Madame Émilienne Becarmin a fêté ses 107 ans News Antilles, 5 June 2018
- Émilienne Becarmin, 107 ans et en forme France-Antilles Guadeloupe, 11 June 2018
- Émilienne a joyeusement fêté ses 108 ans France-Antilles Guadeloupe, 7 June 2019
- SAINT-CLAUDE. Une Jeune fille de 109 ans nommée Émilienne ! France-Antilles Guadeloupe, 9 June 2020
- (...)Madame Émilienne BECARMIN est célébrée comme il se doit pour ses 110 ans BrigitteRodes Bbvie on Facebook, 4 June 2021
- L’extraordinaire joie de vivre d’Émilienne, 110 ans France-Antilles Guadeloupe, 9 June 2021
- Extraordinaire Émilienne, 111 ans déjà ! France-Antilles Guadeloupe, 7 June 2022