Emma Otis at the age of 111
|Birth:||22 October 1901|
Lawson, Washington, USA
|Death:||25 October 2015|
Poulsbo, Washington, USA
|Age:||114 years, 3 days|
Emma Gustava Otis (née Erikson; 22 October 1901 – 25 October 2015) was an American supercentenarian whose age is validated by the Gerontology Research Group. At the time of her death, she was the second-oldest living person in the United States. She is also the oldest person ever from the US state of Washington.
Otis was born on 22 October 1901, in Lawson, King County, Washington, to Swedish parents John and Emma Thoren Erikson. She moved to Gig Harbour, Washington at the age of four. She married Bob Otis in January 1921, and couple had three children. They were married for 40 years until Bob's death in 1961.
Otis remained active well into her 90s. She reportedly climbed the roof of her house at the age of 100, to remove moss. She also holds the distinction of being the oldest member of the Girl Scouts of America. At the time of her death, she resided at Liberty Shores Harbor House, in Poulsbo, Washington. She died on 25 October 2015, three days after her 114th birthday.
- Photo Gallery for Supercentenarians born in the year 1901 Gerontology Research Group
- Want to live to be 112? Here’s how you do it North Kitsap Herald
- Poulsbo Woman celebrates 110th birthday Kitsap Sun. 20 October 2011
- A big 112th birthday party for Washington's oldest resident KING 5 News
- State's oldest resident dies in Poulsbo at 114 Kitsap Sun. 26 October 2015