Germaine Goudou two days before her 110th birthday.
|Birth:||1 October 1910|
Centre-Val de Loire, France
|Death:||c.16 June 2021|
Langeais, Centre-Val de Loire, France
|Age:||110 years, c.258 days|
Germaine Goudou (1 October 1910 – June 2021) was a French supercentenarian who is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG).
Germaine Goudou was born in Centre-Val de Loire, France on 1 October 1910. She never married and has no children. Instead, she wanted to be a sister at la Breteche (in Tours). She spent her, as she describes, "beautiful youth" and "reasonable life" between Langeais and Tours. A practicing believer, Goudou ensured religious ceremonies, baptisms, communion, weddings, deaths. She kept the church organ for a long time and played the piano at the Grand Théâtre de Langeais. She memorizes her best trip to Jerusalem, where she went for two weeks with the Sisters.
Germaine Goudou had some health concerns, two hospitalizations in Chinon, aged 105, after what she moved to an nursing home in April 2016. She eats well and everything, without overdoing it, and drinks mineral water, "no alcohol".
At age 110, every morning, Goudou washes her face with cold water and massages it with anti-wrinkle cream. She always wears a nice, fitted dress around her waist. You have to tie her hair with a tight barrette behind. Goudou gets up at 7:30 am, drinks her coffee with milk, eats three rusks with a little jam. She eats lunch and dinner with the other residents. She eats alone, without help, before going to bed at 8:30 p.m. She reads little, ignores TV, lives in her bubble in her room, timeless but open to everyone and everything. Her memories are vivid, she remembers people she has known, names them by name.
Following the death of Yvonne Degenne on 15 November 2020, she became the oldest living person in Indre-et-Loire departement. She was the second-oldest living person in Centre-Val de Loire region, behind Anne-Marie Masse.
Goudou died in June 2021 in Langeais, Centre-Val de Loire, France, at the age of at least 110 years, 258 days.
- Les 105 ans de Germaine La Nouvelle République, 30 October 2015
- Germaine Goudou a célébré ses 106 ans La Nouvelle République, 3 October 2016
- La doyenne d'Indre-et-Loire aurait désormais 107 ans France Bleu, 4 October 2017
- Germaine Goudou fête ses 109 ans La Nouvelle République, 3 October 2019
- Germaine Goudou, de Langeais, fête ses 110 ans aujourd’hui. La vice-doyenne du département raconte les secrets de son grand âge, pas de mari, pas d’enfant, une vie raisonnable La Nouvelle République, 1 October 2020
- Germaine Goudou est décédée à 110 ans : la Touraine perd sa doyenne La Nouvelle Republique, 16 June 2021