|Birth:||7 January 1856|
Salford, Greater Manchester, England
|Death:||10 January 1966|
Woodhouse, Sheffield, England
|Age:||110 years, 3 days|
Hannah Smith (7 January 1856 – 10 January 1966) was a British supercentenarian whose age is validated by Gerontology Research Group (GRG). At the time of her death she was the oldest living person in United Kingdom.
Hannah Smith was born in Salford, England on 7 Junuary 1856. Smith collapsed on her 110th birthday, and died three days later at Woodhouse, Sheffield. Smith smoked until five years before her death. Smith lived much of her life in Chesterfield and was a former dressmaking lecturer. She was listed in 1967 by the Guinness World Records as the oldest living person born in 1856.
- Gerontology Research Group
- Billings Gazette, January 4, 1956
- Findlay Republican Courier, February 20, 1965
- Cumberland News, January 8, 1966
- Findlay Republican Courier, January 11, 1966