|Birth:||24 May 1909|
Vigonza, Padua, Veneto, Italy
|Death:||16 January 2022|
Padua, Veneto, Italy
|Age:||112 years, 237 days|
Ida Zoccarato (24 May 1909 – 16 January 2022) was an Italian supercentenarian who was the oldest known living person in Italy from the death of Maria Oliva on 27 August 2021 until her own death. She was also one of the oldest known survivors of COVID-19, recovering from the disease at the age of 111. Her age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG).
Ida Zoccarato was born in Vigonza, Padua, Veneto, Italy on 24 May 1909. She was married to Mario, with whom she two children, Edda and Piero. Her husband enlisted in the military when the Second World War broke out, and was killed in action in 1943.
She became the last Italian person born in the 1900's decade, following the death of Maria Antonia D’Amore on 24 November 2021.
At the time of her 110th birthday in May 2019, she had four grandchildren and two great-grandchildren.
In 2020, she suffered a heart attack. In autumn 2020, at the age of 111, Zoccarato contracted COVID-19 during the coronavirus pandemic. However, by 15 December 2020 she had successfully recovered, making her one of the oldest known survivors of the disease.
On 2 May 2021, at the age of 111 (almost 112), Zoccarato received the COVID-19 vaccine, making her one of the oldest known people to receive the vaccine.
Zoccarato died in Padua, Veneto, Italy on 16 January 2022 at the age of 112 years, 237 days. She was the last Italian person born in the 1900's decade.
- Ida Zoccarato Supercentenari d'Italia
- Festa a Perarolo di Vigonza per i 105 anni di nonna Ida Il Mattino di Padova, 24 May 2014
- Pre-106th Birthday Confirmation Facebook Post, 14 May 2015
- 106th birthday Facebook Post, 25 May 2015
- Aged 107 Facebook Post, 14 June 2016
- Ida Zoccarato festeggia 108 primavere Il Mattino di Padova, 24 May 2017
- Ponte di Brenta, nonna Ida compie 110 anni Il Mattino di Padova, 23 May 2019
- Ida, nonna record da 110 e lode TGPadova.it, 24 May 2019
- I 110 ANNI DI NONNA IDA TV7 Triveneta, 24 May 2019
- Un traguardo davvero incredibile: compie 111 anni la padova Ida Zoccarato PadovaOggi, 24 May 2020
- Ha 111 anni: dopo l'infarto batte il covid TGVerona.it, 15 December 2020
- grandmother Ida vaccinated at 111 years old Italy24 News, 3 May 2021
- Padova, Ida Zoccarato spegne le 112 candeline: è la nonna più anziana del Veneto Corriere del Veneto, 24 May 2021
- Addio a Ida, con i suoi 112 anni era la nonna d'Italia Il Gazzettino, 18 January 2022