|Jose Fernandes Morgado|
Fernandes Morgado on his 110th birthday in 2022
|Birth:||10 January 1912|
Assanha da Paz, Pombal, Leiria District, Portugal
|Death:||18 June 2022|
Indaiatuba, Sao Paulo State, Brazil
|Age:||110 years, 159 days|
Jose Fernandes Morgado [Portuguese: José] (10 January 1912 – 18 June 2022) was a Portuguese-born Brazilian supercentenarian whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). At the time of his death, he was the oldest known living Portuguese-born man, the oldest known (documented) living man in Brazil, and the oldest known living male emigrant in the world (excluding the case of Francis Zouein).
Jose Fernandes Morgado was born in Assanha da Paz, Pombal, Leiria District, Portugal on 10 January 1912. He moved to Brazil on 15 November 1929 at the age of 17. He moved to Indaiatuba, Sao Paulo State in 1931.
He married Zulmira Bacheschi in 1941. The couple had two children: Rui and Maria Helena.
He became the oldest known living Portuguese-born man, following the death of 109-year-old Alberto Andrade on 8 October 2021.
In January 2022, he celebrated his 110th birthday.
He became the oldest known (documented) living man in Brazil, following the death of 112-year-old Delio Venturotti on 1 June 2022, but there are older claims.
Jose Fernandes Morgado died in Indaiatuba, Sao Paulo State, Brazil on 18 June 2022, at the age of 110 years, 159 days.
- Las personas vivas más longevas Supercentenarios.net
- HOMENAGEM QUE PRESTEI AO MEU PAI JOSÉ FERNANDES MORGADO Rui Fernandes Morgado on Facebook, 21 February 2018
- HOMENAGEM QUE PRESTEI AO MEU PAI, JOSÉ FERNANDES MORGADO, HOJE COM 107 ANOS DE IDADE Rui Fernandes Morgado on Facebook, 30 September 2018
- 110 anos de idade. Parabéns sr. José Morgado Adriano Della Rosa on Facebook, 11 January 2022
- Death mention Facebook post, 19 June 2022
|Brazil's Oldest Documented Living Man Titleholders (V • E)|