|Birth:||29 December 1877?|
|Death:||16 August 1988|
Denville Township, New Jersey, USA
|Age:||110 years, 231 days?|
Joseph Tyrone claimed to have been born in Italy on 29 December 1877. He emigrated to Brooklyn, New York, USA at age 4. His father worked as art dealer in Europe, even after emigration. Joseph worked as hotel manager in New York and Ohio.
He married Caroline in early 1900s. The couple had one daughter: Grace Hughes. His wife Caroline died in 1970s. Later, he moved to New Jersey.
On his claimed 100th birthday, he received the Closter Good Citizen Award and a state Senate resolution of congratulations. He had eye surgery in 1983 at the claimed age of 105. He could walk with cane at the claimed age of 109. He lived at St. Francis Health Resort.
Joseph Tyrone died in Denville Township, New Jersey, USA on on 16 August 1988 at the claimed age of 110 years, 231 days. He was survived by his daughter Grace Hughes, two grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
- Surgery restores eyesight at 105 The Record, 5 August 1983
- Still going strong at 109 The Herald News, 2 January 1987
- Nursing home resident recalls his lifetime's highlights at 110 Daily Record, 10 January 1988
- Joseph G. Tyrone, 110, of Closter The Record, 18 August 1988
- Joseph G Tyrone Find A Grave