Julia Dennis at the age of 108
|Birth:||10 September 1909|
|Age:||112 years, 136 days|
Julia Dennis (née Carlson; born 10 September 1909) is an American supercentenarian whose age is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group. She currently is the second-oldest known living person in Michigan, behind Irene Dunham.
Dennis was born in Hancock, Michigan, USA, on 10 September 1909 to Frederick and Anna (Erickson) Carlson. Her parents were charter members of the Swedish Lutheran Church (Salem Lutheran Church) which was one of the congregations that formed Gloria Dei Lutheran Church in 1970. She married Paul Dennis in 1930 and they had a son, Lowell, who was born in 1938 and died in 1972.
Dennis worked as an accountant until she was 70, but kept a few clients up until she turned 90. She cleared snow until the age of 100. At 105, she moved out of her home into a long-term care facility in Michigan, USA. For her 108th birthday, the Keweenaw Brewing Company created a special beer called "Julia 108", and Dennis was involved in the project. She celebrated her 111th birthday in September 2020.
- KBC honors oldest patron Upper Michigan's Source, 6 April 2018
- Hancock woman celebrates 110 years KVLY, 4 September 2019
- Hancock woman celebrates 110th birthday Upper Michigan's Source, 8 September 2019
- Happy 111th birthday to Julia Dennis!... Gloria Dei Lutheran Church on Facebook, 10 September 2020
- Confirmed alive in July 2021 Facebook Post, July 2021