Kewal Krishan in March 2021, aged 107.
|Birth:||4 August 1913|
Kartarpur, Punjab, British Raj (now India)
|Age:||108 years, 337 days|
Kewal Krishan [Hindi: केवल कृष्ण] (born 4 August 1913) is an Indian centenarian who is the oldest known living man in India. He was a member of the drafting committee of the Constituent Assembly of Indian.
Kewal Krishan was born in Kartarpur, Jalandhar District, Punjab, British Raj (now India) on 4 August 1913 (a Geni profile says 27 July 1913).
Krishan was aged 5 when the Spanish flu pandemic began in 1918, so he hasn't many memories. Later, he became a member of the drafting committee of the Constituent Assembly of India. In 2019, he underwent a surgery at Delhi hospital.
On 15 March 2021, Krishan received his first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, making him one of the oldest known people to receive it. His son, Anil Krishan [Hindi: अनिल कृष्ण], said that it was the first time his father left his house since the beginning of the lockdown in India in March 2020.
Kewal Krishan currently lives in Delhi, India, at the age of 108 years, 337 days.
- Kewal Krishan Geni
- Kewal Krishan History Of Servies Of Officers Holding Gazetted Appointments In The Government Of India Vol-1, 1961 (page 45)
- Corona Vaccine News: कभी बाबा साहेब आंबेडकर के साथ मिलकर बनाया था देश का संविधान, अब 107 साल की उम्र में लगवाया कोरोना का टीका Navharat Times, 15 March 2021
- COVID-19: Over 39K People Vaccinated; 107-year-old Man Gets His First Shot Republic World, 15 March 2021
- 107 साल के केवल कृष्ण ने लगवाई कोरोना वैक्सीन, डॉक्टर अंबेडकर के साथ लिखा था संविधान aajtak.in, 16 March 2021
- News Top 9 Vaccine Report: Delhi में 107 साल के बुजुर्ग ने टीका लगवाया Youtube (TV9 Bharatvarsh), 17 March 2021