Malla on her 100th birthday
|Birth:||3 February 1915|
Gjogv, Eysturoy, Faroe Islands
|Death:||23 December 2019|
Toftir, Eysturoy, Faroe Islands
|Age:||104 years, 323 days|
Malla Olsen (née Berg; 3 February 1915 – 23 December 2019) was a Faroese centenarian who, at the time of death, was the oldest living person from the Faroe Islands.
Malla Berg was born in the village of Gjogv, Eysturoy, Faroe Islands, on 3 February 1915, to parents Oli Berg and Anna Hansen. Her mother passed away when Malla was 2 years old.
In 1937, she married Bernhard Olsen. They had 6 children. Her husband passed away on 20 August 1991, aged 78. Olsen lived alone at her home until she was 97, and then she moved into the nursing home.
Malla Olsen died in the village of Toftir (Toftum), Nes Municipality, Eysturoy, Faroe Islands, on 23 December 2019, at the age of 104 years, 323 days.
- Var 97 ár - og uttan heimahjálp
- Malla fekk vitjan av Anniku á 100 ára degnum
- Malla er nú elst í Føroyum Portal, 6 Feb 2018
- Malla 104 ár og elst í Føroyum VP.fo
- Oldest person in the Faroe Islands dies at 104 Local.fo, 31 December 2019
|Faroe Islands’ Oldest Living Person Titleholders (V • E)|