|Maria da Costa Almeida|
Maria da Costa Almeida at age 109
|Birth:||29 September 1899|
Candosa, Coimbra District, Portugal
|Death:||11 September 2010|
Ramada, Lisbon District, Portugal
|Age:||110 years, 347 days|
Maria da Costa Almeida was born in Candosa, Tabua, Coimbra District, Portugal, on 29 September 1899. She worked in agriculture for many decades. She married Jose Macedo dos Santos in 1924. The couple had 3 children. Her husband died in 1972, at the age of 69.
In her last years, she was cared for by her daughter, Irene Costa Santos (born 24 August 1930). She claimed to have no secrets for her longevity and that she always had "iron health", never having any serious health problems. She was also known as "Mariazinha". In 2010, she had 11 grandchildren, 18 great-grandchildren and 7 great-great-grandchildren.
Maria da Costa Almeida died in Ramada, Lisbon District, Portugal, on 11 September 2010, at the age of 110 years, 347 days. She was buried in the Candosa Cemetery.
- Pending Cases list Gerontology Research Group
- Baptism Record (Nº41)
- Elas são as mais velhas do País Correio da Manhã, 3 July 2009
- Idosa de Tábua celebra 110 anos SAPO Vídeos, 3 October 2009
- Ficou solteira para tratar dos pais na velhice Diário de Notícias, 25 July 2010
- Death report Jornal de Tábua [Dead link]
- Showing results for all European supercentenarians who died in or are currently living in Portugal European Supercentenarian Organisation
- https://www.acomarcadearganil.cm-arganil.pt/a-comarca-de-arganil-11853/, 109th birthday (page 32)