Jousseaume on her 110th birthday in 2017.
|Birth:||17 June 1907|
Saint-Hilaire-le-Vouhis, Vendee, Pays de la Loire, France
|Death:||20 December 2020|
Chardonnay, Vendee, Pays de la Loire, France
|Age:||113 years, 186 days|
Marie-Florentine Jousseaume (née Lamothe; 17 June 1907 – 20 December 2020) was a French supercentenarian whose age is validated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). She was the fourth-oldest living person in France behind Valentine Ligny, Jeanne Bot, and Lucile Randon and the fifth-oldest living validated person in Europe at time of her death.
Marie-Florentine Jousseaume was born as Marie-Florentine Lamothe in Saint-Hilaire-le-Vouhis, Vendee, Pays de la Loire, France on 17 June 1907. She was the youngest of four children. Her father, who was a miller, fought in World War 1. Every day, after school, Marie-Florentine would tend to the sheep on the family’s farm.
In 1928, Marie-Florentine married Arseme Jousseaume and had two children with him: Arsene (born 1930) and Yvonne (born 1932). The couple became farmers, and Marie-Florentine made butter to sell. The farm had no running water; the family had to get water from the well. In 1963, the couple moved to Chardonnay, Vendee.
Arseme died in 1990 after 62 years of marriage, leaving Marie-Florentine a widow. Two years later, Marie-Florentine moved into an annex of a residential care home and lived there until 2004, when she moved into the main building. As of her 108th birthday in 2015, along with her two children, she had five grandchildren, 10 great-grandchildren and 13 great-great-grandchildren.
Marie-Florentine Jousseaume died from COVID-19 in Chardonnay, Vendee, Pays de la Loire, France on 20 December 2020 at the age of 113 years, 186 days. She is the oldest (known) victim of the pandemic.
- Marie-Florentine Jousseaume vient de fêter ses 105 ans Ouest-France, 19 June 2012
- Ehpad des Croisettes : Clotilde Grégoire a 100 ans Ouest-France, 30 August 2013
- La doyenne des Vendéens est Chantonnaisienne Ouest-France, 7 August 2015
- Chantonnay. Marie, 110 ans, est la doyenne de la Vendée Ouest-France, 20 June 2017
- Vendée : un apéritif et des fleurs pour les 113 ans de Marie Jousseaume, doyenne des Pays de la Loire France 3 Pays de la Loire, 17 June 2020
- Avis de décès de Marie JOUSSEAUME née LAMOTHE Simplifia
- Madame Marie Jousseaume Ouest-France, 21 December 2020
- Vendée : Marie Jousseaume, 113 ans, décède de Covid-19 à la maison de retraite : 3 faits sur sa vie AmoMama, 23 December 2020