Marie-Louise Taterode celebrating her 113th birthday.
|Birth:||17 July 1906|
Uzerche, Correze, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
|Death:||3 September 2020|
Lezoux, Puy-de-Dome, Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes, France
|Age:||114 years, 48 days|
Marie-Louise Taterode was born in Uzerche, Correze, Nouvelle-Aquitaine on 17 July 1906. Her father was a weaver and her mother a seamstress. The youngest of five children, she left Limousin to follow her father, who became a miner in Champagnac-les-Mines in the Cantal. The family settled in Clermont-Ferrand.
Taterode worked for the company Pingeot for 13 years and then in a paper mill in Montlouis for 34 years. She retired at the age of 65 and was almost surprised that the legal age of retirement was 62. She had no children of her own, but raised a niece, Louisette, who was orphaned at the age of 7 years.
Since 2011, Taterode has lived in a retirement home in Lezoux, Puy-de-Dome, France. Following the death of Marguerite Duperray on 27 January 2018, she became the oldest living person in Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes. In July 2019, she celebrated her 113th birthday. Her age was validated by the GRG on 19 August 2019.
Marie-Louise Taterode died on 3 September 2020 at the age of 114 years, 48 days. Her successor as the oldest living person in Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes region was Marcel Meys. Having been validated, she was the third-oldest known living person in France at the time of her death behind Jeanne Bot and Lucile Randon. She was the fifth-oldest known living person in Europe, until the death of Anne Brasz-Later, which meant for the last day of her life, she upgraded to the fourth oldest living person in Europe, behind Tekla Juniewicz, Jeanne Bot and Lucile Randon.
- Marie-Louise Taterode a fêté ses 106 ans, le 17 juillet dernier, à la maison de retraite "Mon Repos" La Montagne, 27 July 2012
- Marie-Louise Taterode a soufflé joyeusement ses 107 bougies La Montagne, 23 July 2013
- La doyenne de Mon Repos a fêté ses 108 ans La Montagne, 19 July 2014
- Une fête d’anniversaire pour la doyenne de la maison de retraite Mon Repos La Montagne, 21 July 2016
- Bon pied bon œil, la doyenne de l'Auvergne Marie-Louise Taterode a fêté ses 111 ans La Montagne, 19 July 2017
- La doyenne de l'Auvergne fête ses 112 ans La Montagne, 17 July 2018
- Marie-Louise Taterode a fêté ses 113 ans à L'Ehpad Mon repos de Lezoux (Puy-de-Dôme) La Montagne, 17 July 2019
- 114th birthday confirmation Les Centenaires Français, 20 July 2020
- Marie-Louise Taterode, la doyenne d'Auvergne, est décédée à l'âge de 114 ans La Montage, 7 September 2020