Ford on her 111th birthday in 2017.
|Birth:||28 June 1906|
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
|Death:||6 May 2019|
Hallandale Beach, Florida, USA
|Age:||112 years, 312 days|
Mazie Ford was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, on 28 June 1906. She was the fifth of eight children born to Clara and Louis Cherry. At the age of 16, she married Harry Golin, and they had two children. Together, the couple grew a neighbourhood butcher shop into a wholesale meat business in the Philadelphia area. After Golin died in 1978, she went on to marry her second husband, Newton Ford. As of June 2016, she had four grandchildren, four great-grandchildren, and five great-great-grandchildren.
In 1967, Ford moved to Hallandale Beach, Florida, where she lived for the rest of her life. At the age of 100, she began knitting small hats for infants at the Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood, Florida, which she was still doing as of her 112th birthday in June 2018. She stopped driving in her mid-100s and said her husband used to drive a Ford Model-T.
Ford died in Hallandale Beach, Florida, USA, on 6 May 2019 at the age of 112 years, 312 days.
- At 109, Hollywood hospital volunteer celebrates a busy life Sun Sentinel, 2 August 2015
- Mazie Ford celebrates 109th birthday in Hallandale Beach Local, 2 August 2015
- South Florida Woman Celebrates 110th Birthday in Style NBC Miami, 28 June 2016
- Local volunteer Mazie Ford turns 111-years-old Sun Sentinel, 28 June 2017
- She lived to be almost 113, and thought as Florida’s oldest. What was her secret? Miami Herald, 8 May 2019
- GRG World Supercentenarian Rankings List Gerontology Research Group