|Birth:||25 January 1915|
Hennepin County, Minnesota, USA
|Death:||10 December 2021|
Elk River, Minnesota, USA
|Age:||106 years, 319 days|
Merlin John Dahlheimer (25 January 1915 – 10 December 2021) was an American centenarian who was one of oldest known living men in Minnesota at the time of his death. He was the son of validated supercentenarian Delvina Dahlheimer and the nephew of validated supercentenarian Catherine Hagel.
Dahlheimer was born in Hennepin County, Minnesota, USA on 25 January 1915. His parents were Phillip Dahlheimer and Delvina Dahlheimer (née Morrisette). He had six siblings.
At the age of 8, Dahlheimer was diagnosed with appendicitis. His surgery was with a doctor who unfortunately had lost his glasses. A nurse had to run for help at a different hospital to get another doctor to operate.
He studied until the eighth grade, when he started to work on the farm.
He married Mildred Weber in Fletcher, Hassan Township, Hennepin County, Minnesota, USA on 24 May 1938. The couple had 12 children.
He retired in 1965 at the age of 62. Mildred died in 1991 at the age of 73.
On 19 January 2021, at the age of 105 (almost 106), he received his COVID-19 vaccine.
Dahlheimer had long lived ancestors on both sides of his family: his mother Delvina Dahlheimer (1888–2002) lived to be 113, his maternal grandmother Eugenia Morrisette lived to be 100, his maternal aunt Rose Dahlheimer lived to be 100, his paternal grandfather John Dahlheimer lived to be 95 and his paternal aunt Catherine Hagel (1894–2008) lived to be 114. In addition, his brother Irwin Dahlheimer lived to be 97, his sister Florence Johnson lived to be 92 and his paternal cousin (Hagel's daughter) Cecilia Gulczinski (1918–2020) lived to be 102.
Dahlheimer outlived both sons, a daughter-in-law, and a 48-year-old grandson. He lived at Guardian Angels Care Center in Elk River.
Dahlheimer died in Elk River, Minnesota, USA on 10 December 2021 at the age of 106 years, 319 days. He was survived by two brothers Doug and Maurice; 11 children Pete, Carmen Berning, Jan Murray, Marcia Heath, Mike, Joe, Chuck, Phil, Sharon Henke, Jim, Renee Thayer; 29 grandchildren; 44 great-grandchildren and 12 great-great-grandchildren.
- Philip Edward Dahlheimer Find A Grave
- Sixth Generation Dahlheimer-Bebeau Family History
- Delvina M. (Morrisette) Dahlheimer Obituary Star Tribune, 16 March 2002
- Janet H. Dahlheimer Obituary Star Tribune, 10 May 2015
- Janet Helen Dahlheimer Find A Grave
- this picture was taken of three Dahlheimer siblings (seated Merlin (John) 102 yrs, left Maurice 92yrs, right Douglas 95 yrs.) Dayton MN Historical Society (Facebook), 29 August 2017
- Todd Douglas Dahlheimer Obituary Star Tribune, 7 December 2017
- John Joseph Dahlheimer Obituary Star Tribune, 20 January 2019
- At 105 years old, Merlin Dahlheimer still sharing his life’s stories Hometownsource, 25 March 2020
- Our very own Mr. John Dahlheimer receives his COVID vaccine Guardian Angels by the Lake (Facebook), 19 January 2021
- Merlin John Dahlheimer Obituary Dare's Funeral & Cremation Services