Lowe at the age of 104
|Birth:||18 June 1883|
Madison, Maine, USA
|Death:||9 December 1993|
Skowhegan, Maine, USA
|Age:||110 years, 174 days|
Nettie Lowe (née Moore; 18 June 1883 – 9 December 1993) was an American supercentenarian whose age has been validated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). She was one of the oldest known people in Maine, USA, when she died.
Nettie Lowe was born as Nettie Moore in Madison, Maine, USA on 18 June 1883. Her parents were Marvin Moore and Adella Veasey. She had four siblings.
She grew up on a farm on Blackwell Hill Road. She worked as a matron at the Women's Correctional Center in Skowhegan.
She married Perley Lowe. The couple moved to Portland, Maine, where Perley operated the Dudley Weed Drug Store for many years. She got widowed in 1940.
Longevity ran in her family: her grandmother lived to be 98, her aunt lived to be 100 and a relative lived to be 105.
She lived at Cedar Ridge Nursing Home in Skowhegan, Maine.
She died in Skowhegan, Maine, USA on 19 December 1993 at the age of 110 years, 174 days. Her claim was verified by the Kestenbaum Study.
- Bangor Daily News, 19 June 1986
- Bangor Daily News, 20 June 1987
- Bangor Daily News, 2 May 1989
- Bangor Daily News, 23 June 1989
- Table A - Verified Supercentenarians (Listed Chronologically By Birth Date) As of January 1, 2015 Gerontology Research Group
- Social Security Record of Nettie Moore Lowe Maine Social Security Records
- Nettie F Lowe Find A Grave