|Birth:||28 October 1910|
Les Écorces, Bourgogne-Franche-Comte, France
|Death:||15 November 2020|
Rigney, Bourgogne-Franche-Comte, France
|Age:||110 years, 18 days|
Rene Aubert [French: René] (28 October 1910 – 15 November 2020) was a French supercentenarian who is currently unvalidated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). At time of his death, he was third-oldest living man in France, after Jules Theobald and Marcel Meys.
Rene Aubert was born in Les Écorces, Bourgogne-Franche-Comte, France on 28 October 1910. When he was young, his father died and his mother was left widowed with five children.
From the age of 8, he was a shepherd on neighboring farms, like his three sisters. His family moved to Fontenelles where he and his sister Alice were employed at the Cheval factory.
Later, he created his own workshop which worked with half a dozen workers. The years go by and he sets up a factory in Maîche on his own behalf for the Cheval company in order to produce synthetic rubies; the factory which had more than 40 workers at the end of the World War II.
He married Léontine and had two children: Guy Aubert and Jeannine Riva. After the World War II, he bought an armory in Besançon, a business that he made prosper.
His wife died in June 2004. His brother Gilbert Aubert (1917–2018) lived to be 100 years, 309 days. He lived in his house in Rigney until August 2020. In October 2020, he celebrated his 110th birthday.
Rene Aubert died after a bad fall in Rigney, Bourgogne-Franche-Comte, France on 15 November 2020 at the age of 110 years, 18 days. He was survived by one son Guy Aubert; one daughter-in-law Yvonne Aubert; one daughter Jeannine Riva; one son-in-law Angelo Riva; one grandson Christophe Riva and wife Virginie Riva; one granddaughter Stéphanie Riva; two great-grandchildren Ellena and Pierre; many nieces and nephews.
- Gilbert AUBERT - Libra Memoria, 14 July 2018
- L'anonyme du Doubs est toujours en vie Les Centenaires Français, 4 January 2019
- 109 ans pour l'anonyme du Doubs Les Centenaires Français, 29 October 2019
- Un troisième homme français franchit le seuil des 110 ans ! Les Centenaires Français, 28 October 2020
- décès de Mr René AUBERT Pompes Funèbres CUCHE, 15 November 2020
- Le doyen des Francs-Comtois, René Aubert, est décédé à 110 ans L'Est Républicain, 22 November 2020