|Birth:||13 January 1912|
Janów, Czestochowa, Silesian Voivodeship, Russian Empire (now Poland)
|Age:||110 years, 218 days|
Girone was born in the village of Janów, Czestochowa County, Silesian Voivodeship, Russian Empire (now Poland) as Rose Raubvogel on 13 January 1912.
In 1938, she married Julius Mannheim in an arranged marriage. Later that year, they moved to Breslau, Germany (now Wroclaw, Poland) just as Kristallnacht started violence against Germany's Jews. Julius got arrested, and Girone briefly fled the city with her mother. In 1939, she fled Germany to Shanghai, China. Conditions in Shanghai were difficult for her. Later that year, she was able to knit clothes for her child. Later, a Jewish entrepreneur saw what she made and they both made money. In 1941, Japan forced the Jews in Shanghai to move into a ghetto. In 1947, she and her family got a visa to the United States, where she lives currently.
In 1968, she married Jack Girone. In 1980, she sold her knitting business.
In January 2022, she celebrated her 110th birthday.
Girone currently lives in Whitestone, Queens, New York, USA at the age of 110 years, 218 days. She is currently the third-oldest known living person in New York, behind Hattie Hill and Henrietta Dobin.
- Centenarian:Rose Girone Newsday, 5 March 2012
- Rose Girone celebrated 105th birthday in Merrick Li Herald.com, 20 January 2017
- Whitestone woman celebrates her 106th birthday and reflects on an amazing life QNS, 31 January 2018
- All the best loving wishes sent to my sister in law Gina 's OMA (Grandmother) Rose today, as she celebrates her 110th birthday. Facebook, 13 January 2022
- Happy 110th Birthday Rose! Facebook, 13 January 2022
- Former Yarn Shop Owner Turns 110; Calls Craft 'Lifesaver': Report Patch - Bayside-Douglaston NY, 28 January 2022