|Saturnino de la Fuente Garcia|
Saturnino de la Fuente Garcia on his 111th birthday
|Birth:||11 February 1909|
Leon, Castile and Leon, Spain
|Age:||112 years, 292 days|
Saturnino de la Fuente Garcia [Spanish: García] (born 11 February 1909) is a Spanish supercentenarian who is recognized as the world's oldest living man by the Guinness World Records. He is also the second-oldest living person in Spain, after Maria Branyas Morera, who was born in the United States. He is the last known Spanish-born person born before 1910.
Saturnino de la Fuente Garcia was born in Leon, Spain on 11 February 1909 (claimed Feb 8), the youngest of six siblings of Salustiano and Josefa de la Fuente Garcia. He has lived in the same province of Spain for his entire life.
In 1927, he became one of the founding members of the Puente Castro Football Club, in which he played as a center-forward.
De la Fuente Garcia married Antonina Barrio on 29 April 1933. They had eight children in total: seven daughters and a son. He worked as a shoemaker in Puente Castro before moving to León. When he celebrated his 110th birthday in February 2019, six of his children were still alive, along with 14 grandchildren and 22 great-grandchildren.
On 23 December 1937, De la Fuente Garcia survived a plane crash into his home.
In April 2019 at the age of 110, he voted in the Spanish general election.
De la Fuente Garcia became the oldest living man in Spain after the death of Jesus Mosteo Perez on 28 August 2019. On 27 June 2020, he became the oldest known living man in Europe after the death of 111-year-old Dumitru Comanescu of Romania. He became the oldest living Spanish-born person following the death of Vicenta Prieto Santos on 2 December 2020. He shares a birthday (but five years later) of the oldest validated living European, Lucile Randon.
As of May 2021, he has already received a COVID-19 vaccine.
On August 12, 2021, after the death of 113-year-old Emilio Flores Marquez, Saturnino became the 'Oldest Living Man in the World' titleholder and was presented with the certificate by Guinness World Records in September 2021.
De la Fuente Garcia currently lives in Leon, Castile and Leon, Spain at the age of 112 years, 292 days.
- La octava persona más longeva de España, el leonés Saturnino de la Fuente, cumple 110 años Europa Press, 8 February 2019
- La decisiva participación de la familia del leonés más longevo La Nueva Crónica, 29 April 2019
- Saturnino, abuelo de León y de España Diario de León, 8 February 2020
- Saturnino cumple 111 «con fuerza y para adelante» Leonoticias, 8 February 2020
- Saturnino, el leonés de los 112 años La Nueva Crónica, 8 February 2021
- El hombre más longevo de Europa, ¿y del mundo? Castilla y León TV, 6 May 2021
- #8ML JUEVES (6-5-21) Libro "Cine para caminar", Saturnino de la Fuente: 112 años, Apertura de Jungla YouTube, 7 May 2021
- El Matusalén del mundo tiene 112 años y es de León Diadaro de Leon, 14 August 2021
- Oldest man alive is a Spanish shoemaker who survived two pandemics and a plane crashing into the ceiling of his home The Olive Press, 24 August 2021
- Saturnino de la Fuente García confirmed as oldest living man aged 112 Guinness World Records, 30 September 2021
|Spain's Oldest Living Man Titleholders (V • E)|
Mateo Miras Torregrosa • Unknown • Aurelio Diaz • A. L. M. • Galo Leoz • Josep Armengol-Jover • Pablo Roy • Gregorio Merino • Antonio Urrea-Hernandez • Alejandro Rivera Santalla • Joan Riudavets-Moll • Jose Milena Munoz • Jose Maria Somohano Calvo • Miguel Rubio Gonzalez • Atilano Rivas-Iglesias • Francisco Fernandez Pellicer • Miguel Suarez • Benito Vilda • Francisco Fernandez • Bienvenido Cilveti Urquia • Francisco Nunez Olivera • Jesus Mosteo Perez • Saturnino de la Fuente Garcia