|Birth:||7 December 1911|
St. Peter am Wimberg, Upper Austria, Austria-Hungary (now Austria)
|Age:||110 years, 50 days|
Stefanie Kurner was born on a farm in St. Peter am Wimberg, Upper Austria, Austria-Hungary (now Austria) on 7 December 1911. She had six siblings. Her father died in World War I when she was six years. Around 1927, she first moved to St. Johann am Wimberg, then to Linz. She worked as a maid and a nanny.
During the World War II, she worked as a maternity care worker and later as a cook. After the war she cooked in the town hall canteen, in a kindergarten and in the summer in a union hall in Bad Aussee, where she met her future husband, who was a guest there.
She married at the age of 50. The couple not had children. She was married for 30 years and lived in her own apartment until age 99.
In December 2021, she celebrated her 110th birthday. As of December 2021, she had many step-grandchildren and step-great-grandchildren.
Kurner currently lives at a nursing home in Linz, Upper Austria, Austria, at the age of 110 years, 80 days. She currently is the oldest known living person in Upper Austria and the fourth-oldest known living person in Austria, after L. P., Margarete Troestl and Amalia Reichard.
- Stefanie Kürner feiert den 105. Geburtstag Tips.at, 5 December 2016
- 1000 Jahre jung: Gespräche mit Hundertjährigen Profil.at, 10 June 2017
- Stefanie Kürner, 106: "Jede Zeit hat ihre guten Seiten" Nachrichten, 11 December 2017
- Bewohnerin im Seniorenwohnhaus Karl Borrmäus feiert 107. Geburtstag! Caritas Pflege, December 2018
- Bewohnerin von Caritas-Seniorenwohnhaus feiert 108. Geburtstag Caritas Pflege, December 2019
- 109 Jahre: Petringerin ist älteste Oberösterreicherin Rohrbach, 7 December 2020
- 110-Jährige wurde 1911 in St. Peter geboren Tips.at, 6 December 2021
- OÖ: Alteste Landsfrau feiert ihren 110. Geburtstag ORF-TVthek, 7 December 2021