Yukie Hino at the age of 113 in 2015.
|Birth:||17 April 1902|
|Death:||13 January 2017|
Sado City, Niigata, Japan
|Age:||114 years, 271 days|
Yukie Hino [Japanese: 日野ユキヱ] (17 April 1902 – 13 January 2017) was a Japanese supercentenarian whose age is validated by the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). She is currently the oldest validated person ever from Niigata Prefecture. At the time of her death, she was the third-oldest living person in Japan, after Nabi Tajima and Chiyo Miyako.
Yukie Hino was born in Japan on 17 April 1902. She lived in Sado City, located on the island of Sado in Niigata Prefecture.
In September 2015, Hino was reported to sleep most of the time in her bed. However, on good days, she watched television and was able to speak.
Following the death of 111-year-old Jokichi Ikarashi on 23 July 2013, Hino became the oldest living person in Niigata Prefecture. Following the death of 114-year-old Mitsue Toyoda on 25 August 2016, she became the last surviving Japanese person born in 1902.
Yukie Hino died in Sado City, Niigata, Japan on 13 January 2017 at the age of 114 years, 271 days. At the time of her death, she was the seventh-oldest living verified person in the world. Following her death, Kiku Usami became the oldest living person in Niigata Prefecture.
- GRG World Supercentenarian Rankings List Gerontology Research Group
- 敬老の日に当たり、１００歳の方（７３３人）に敬老記念品等を贈呈します Niigata Prefecture, 11 September 2015 (Archived)
- 県内の老年人口 goo ニュース, 21 September 2015 (Archived)
- １００歳の長寿、新潟県内８１８人に知事らが記念品贈呈 Sankei News, 20 September 2016
- 燕市の112歳の女性が県内最高齢者となりました Niigata Prefecture, 10 April 2017 (Archived)
- Yukie Hino Find A Grave